You can add multiple users at one time using a template that you download from DigitalChalk. In DigitalChalk this called Mass Upload Users.
NOTE: Using Mass Upload Users only creates user accounts, it does not register users for courses. For more information of registering students, see Register students.
To Mass Upload Users:
- Click the Administration tab, then click Mass Upload Users from the Manage Users list.
- The Mass Upload Users window is displayed.
- Click Download Template.
- Open the template file you downloaded and add user information as specified on the Mass Upload Users window.
- The user information you can enter on the template is as follows:
- First - User's first name
- Last - User's last name
- Email - User's email address
- Password -The password you assign to the user
- Tags - Any tags you apply to the user
- Reset Password on Login (TRUE/FALSE) - Type TRUE if you want the user to be prompted to change their password at first login, type FALSE if you do not want the user to be prompted to change their password at login
- Locale (ENGLISH/SPANISH) - Type ENGLISH if you want the user to see DigitalChalk screens in English, type SPANISH if you want the user to see DigitalChalk screens in Spanish
- When you've added all the user information to the template, save the updated template to your computer with whatever name you choose.
- To upload the template file, click Choose File within the File field. Your file selection window is displayed. Find your template file, select it, and then click the Upload button. The template file is uploaded and the user information is displayed on the Users list.