The process outlined below details how to upload your PowerPoint as .JPG images within a chalkboard.
- open your presentation in the native PowerPoint software
- click File
- click Save As
select a format of JPG
- select a location on your local computer that you want to export all slide images to
- select the Options button or tab
- set the size to Width: 640 Height: 480 pixels
- click OK
- click Save
- locate the newly created image files
- Select each of the images that you want to upload as slides to DigitalChalk by highlighting each one
- Create a .zip of all the selected images being sure to include only the image files within the .zip
- Return to your DigitalChalk session to upload the .zip file you created
- Click the Manage Courses tab
- Click on the name of the course
- Click the Manage Course Elements tab
- Click on the name of an existing Chalkboard to edit an existing Chalkboard
- the Chalkboard must be set to use the Small Video or Audio Only
template if you want to include slides. To set the Chalkboard layout
click the Layout tab.
- click the Add a Chalkboard link to create a new Chalkboard
- give your new Chalkboard a name
- Click the Create button
- NOTE* - the Chalkboard must be set to use the Small Video or Audio Only template if you want to include slides. To set the Chalkboard layout click the Layout tab.
- Click the Edit Chalkboard tab
- Click the Manage Slides link found at the top of the Chalkboard editor just above the slide area
- Click the Create New Slide icon (looks like a + sign)
- Click the Upload a Zip File of Images From Your Local Computer link
- Click the Select button to locate and select the zip file you created that contains your images
- Click the Upload button
Once your zip file has been uploaded and processed you will see all of your slide images displayed within the slide bin exactly as you saw them in the original PowerPoint file.