Use the Test element to evaluate the student understanding of the course material. The test can include both multiple choice and true/false questions.
To add a Test element:
- Click the Manage Courses tab. The Courses list is displayed.
- Click on the name of the course. The Edit Course Details window is displayed with a task list.
- Click Manage Course Elements from the task list.
- The Elements list for the course is displayed.
- Click Add a Test From the Course Elements list. The Add a Test window is displayed. Enter the general information for the test. Click on a field to see an explanation of what to enter. Enter a time for Max Test Time and Default Max Time Per Question if students must complete the test and/or answer each question within a time limit. Enter a number in Number of Questions to Include if you want DigitalChalk to randomly deliver that number of questions from a larger selection of questions you've created.
Click the Save button when you've finished entering the general information for the test.
- The test you added is displayed on the Elements list, and the Edit Element Details window is displayed with a task list.
Now that you've created the test element, you can manage the details of the test by selecting the following from the task list:
- Grading - Specify the number of points for each question.
- Feedback - Specify a response for correct and incorrect answers.
- Questions - Add true/false and multiple choice questions to the test.
- Preview Test - View the test as the student sees it. For more information, see Previewing an element or a course.
- Show Test Key - Display and print the answer key for the test.
- Completion - Specify completion criteria for the test.
- Revisit - Specify if, and how long after completion, you want the student to be able to go back and review the test. For more information, see Revisiting an element.
- Availability - Specify when the student is able to take this test.
- Visibility - Specify when the student is able to see this test as part of the course.
- Activate - Make this test an active part of the course. Only active course elements are visible to the student taking the course. For more information, see Activating an element.
- Copy this Element - Use this element as a template for another test. For more information, see Copying an element.
- Delete this Element - Delete the test. For more information, see Deleting an element.
- Notifications - Create a test completion notification.