Your Course Completion settings determine the rules regarding when a course is completed. The standard options are, a student may begin and complete a course (often referred to as on-demand or asynchronous) or they may begin a course but not complete it (synchronous or instructor paced). The default is set to allow students to begin and complete a course at their own pace. There is also the option to apply additional rules to completion if the student meets specific conditions such as maximum number of days in the course or if the student fails a test.
To access your Course Completion settings:
- Click the Manage Courses tab
- Click on the title of the course
- Click the Course Completion sub-category tab
Here you can modify the default settings or add additional conditions.
- Is course development complete?
- NO = The course can never be marked complete unless you manually mark the course complete. Use this option if you are making the course available for registration, however, will be continuing to add content over time. Once you have finished adding content you can change this setting back to YES.
- YES = The student can complete the course based on their completion of the course elements as you have defined.
- Other conditions
- As soon as a student fails a test = If the student fails a test element in the course the course will be marked complete
- Days after student registers = The course will be automatically marked complete a certain number of days after the student registered for the course
- Days after student begins = The course will be automatically marked complete a certain number of days after the student has started the course
- Days after offering begins = The course will be automatically marked complete a certain number of days after the offering begin date. For additional information regarding setting offering registration and begin dates Click Here